Friday, August 10, 2007

iMinistering

The book manuscript is IN!
All congratulations accepted!
Now the editors at Skinner House will do their magic on it. No doubt there's a bunch of work left, but this feels like a milestone. My co-author is celebrating with a vacation in England. I'm celebrating by getting back to blogging.

The book will provide resources for spiritual sharing groups, covenant groups, small group ministry, by whatever name. Most of the book consists of materials to help group members think about the topic, so that when they come to the group, they will not be speaking "off the top of their heads." Our title at the moment is Upon Consideration.

Now...back to the garden, the knitting, the reading, and the normal activities of Summer!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! That must feel great. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Christine, it's Wylie. Do you know how I can subscribe to blogs here?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a useful book; can't wait to see it.

Lilylou said...

Wonderful news, Christine, congratulations!

Christine Robinson said...

Anyone who wants to get new posts automatically by email can subscribe. The form's in the right column.

Lizard Eater said...

Can't wait to read it!

Judy said...

Great! I await news from Skinner House about a proposal I submitted in May. Fingers crossed--and then the work begins.

I look forward to seeing your book. Small Group Ministries in my congregation are taking off under some excellent lay leadership (finally!!), and your book will be more grist for the mill.

And you're a knitter, too! Take a look at my blog entry for 8/3 and maybe you can answer my plea...