Friday, December 15, 2006

My New Blog on the Church Website

We've been working on a new website for the church for months and months, and it finally went on line a few weeks back. This website has blogs attached to it, and even before we went on line, I've been thinking about blogging as a church activity.

I have to admit that my first reaction to hearing that I was going to have a blog on the website was not positive. While I've never made a secret of my "day job" , and I've never imagined that I could post just anything to my blog, writing for the blog has been removed from my work, and refreshingly so. I discovered early on that only about half of its readers even live in Albuquerque, and at least some of those folks don't belong to the church.

So I have a church website blog (you can find it here, and while we're linking, the church website is here) Our volunteer website developer is very eager that I post to it, and it took me a while to sort out what to use it for, how to differentiate from this blog, and so on. I'm still figuring that out, but in the meantime have discovered some interesting uses for a blog on a church website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you also had a blog on the church website -- thank you so much! I truly enjoy reading your iMinister blog, and look forward to reading the church blog. These blogs help me feel (and stay?) connected to...to what? Not spirituality, per se, or community...maybe just, well, connected -- to someone, to others who are of like mind. Thank you for your many gifts, including this blog.