Monday, June 30, 2008

Terminating Fellowship and New Media

The UU World has changed its headline to reflect accurately on the new by-law change. Apparently I wasn't the only person who complained. Hopefully, someone thought to complain directly, which is only polite. Now, I'm embarrassed that I didn't think to do that. I actually know these people personally...what was I thinking?

Well, I was thinking old-style media, that's what I was thinking. A Headline is a Headline. A Headline has been printed on thousands of pieces of paper and sent out to the world. There's no recall (in old media) No point in complaining. What's done is done.

What a Luddite I am! This is On-Line. Corrections easy.

And I do appreciate the willingness to make them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

headlines are quite a hot story in UU'ism these days. glad to see the ability to influence and make precision changes. i know many were upset by the headline at last years GA in the story "UU find ranks not quite Universal". an unfortunate headline, given the content.

Bill Baar said...

thanks...it makes things much clearer now...I found the original very confusing and flagged it to ask my own minister what it meant...

CW's correction makes it much clearer now.