Sunday, November 02, 2008

What will you be doing on Election Night?

They keep saying it's the most crucial election of the generation, and there are good reasons to be optimistic but there could be some tense moments. Not an evening to be alone.

Where are you going to be?

I'll be with my church extended family, or more accurately, they'll be with me, as we are gathering at our home with TV's, wi-fi, and NPR. I'm planning to serve Apple Pie...the kind you buy frozen and bake for an hour. I figure we'll have delicious smells for at least an hour to get us through the tense moments. Ice Cream and coffee...that should get us through. Eat your heart out, Plastic Manzikert; we'll miss you!

1 comment:

Kelsey Atherton said...

I'll miss you too! Though, years down the road, I'll pass off your stories from that night as though they were my own. I intend to watch in proper New Orleans spirit.

More seriously, have fun and I wish you the best of times. Rev Melanie today had the most low-key pre-election sermon I can imagine. It was very much the process of "let's not get our hopes to high, let's just all be real calm and not have to knock on wood."

anyway, have fun and sing Die Gedanken Sind Frie for me!